This is such a quick, easy and delicious meal for your family and perfect for your little ones. A very affordable meal which goes a long way, and is perfect for lunch or dinner!
Prep: 5-10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: Family of 4
Suitable From: 6 months +
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 300g bag of Spinach
- Fresh plum tomatoes halved
- 500g bag of Penne Pasta (or try Fuseli for another baby led weaning option)
- In a small saucepan, add the olive oil and sauté the red bell pepper until soft.
- Add the garlic and basil, and stir through.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes and heat until bubbling, then reduce heat to simmer. Add spinach and fresh plum tomatoes and cover the saucepan to wilt spinach.
- In a separate saucepan add the pasta and enough water to cover. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat. Leave to boil for 10-15 minutes to ensure pasta is soft and cooked well.
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Stir through and it's ready to serve.
- Puree the sauce if weaning with a handheld blender (can leave this step if your kids are older or baby led weaning)
- Ensure you leave to cool before serving to your little ones.
Serve up & enjoy!