Another quick and easy Pasta dish for little ones and perfect for the whole family. A great way to get kids to eat their veg too!
Prep: 5-10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: Family of 4
Suitable From: 6 months +
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 4 fresh large plum tomatoes quartered (or try using small plum tomatoes)
- 1 red bell pepper cut into cubes
- 2 whole courgettes cut into small quarters
- 2 whole leeks cut into small circle slices
- 1 low salt veg stock
- 500g bag of Fuseli pasta for another baby led weaning option
- In a small saucepan, add the olive oil and sauté the courgettes and leeks.
- Add the red bell pepper and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and basil, and stir through.
- Add the fresh tomatoes.
- Add the Vegetable stock cube and heat until bubbling, then reduce heat to simmer.
- In a separate saucepan add the pasta and enough water to cover. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat. Leave to boil for 10-15 minutes to ensure pasta is soft and cooked well.
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce. Stir through and it's ready to serve.
- Puree the sauce if weaning with a handheld blender and mix through with the pasta. Cut pasta into smaller pieces if necessary. (can leave this step if your kids are older or baby led weaning)
- Ensure you leave to cool before serving to your little ones.
Serve up & enjoy!